The present digital ad serving is aimed at 2D screens with 2D content, not for 3D.However, a lot of the advertising infrastructure both old and new is getting equipped to facilitate transactions on new immersive three dimension medium. Digital marketers use VR/AR advertising for both the web and mobile. VR/AR ad targeting enables you to deliver the right creative to the right devices engaging the right user with precision.
To be precise, today’s VR/AR advertising relies on
1. AR lenses
– Face filter
– Back camera
2. AR markers
3. AR takeover
1. Pre rolls
2. Product placements
3. Virtual rooms
- Virtual reality ads are displayed in a virtual space just as they might display in the real world – both two-dimensional and three-dimensional ad formats can be used in VR experiences.
- For example, a Full Flex display with a 16:9 aspect ratio could display in a roadside billboard of a highway scene in a video game.
- A video ad might display in a television of a virtual living room. Many of the display ads developed for traditional display may already work in a virtual setting.
- A brand may be able to sponsor a virtual room experience or a brand may sponsor to supplement or complement an object in VR scene with a similar size brand object,
- For example replace a soda can with branded soda can or place a branded potato chips package to go along with a soda drink
How AR/VR ads with Targeting operate
- In default Adserver the ads will be of 2D Images and 2D video. Using our product can add the 3D images, 3D 360 degree videos ads and the Interactive Objects.
- Adservers can access the 3D images features to their platform advertisers via using API or the adservers can built the creative uploads options in their platform.
- AR/VR ads abide IAB standard guidelines for the AR/ VR ad formats implementation.
- Virtual Room is a VR scene that is content experience which is devoted solely to the display of sponsored advertising content.
- Publisher can add the ads in the Entry points of the Virtual room, Exit point of the room. Inside the room can add a 360 degree video experience also can add the 2D, 3D objects in the rooms.
- Adserver Publishers need to integrate our SDK into their applications in order to delivers the ads to the VR / AR users.
- If the publishers integrate the adserver SDK already into their application then they need to modify the SDK to support the AR / VR.
Users interactions with the ads will be tracked and also the users device ids get tracked in order to deliver the ads based on the users intent & behaviour using the device id. AR experiences are a new way to create context and add experiences over real physical world objects and attributes like location or recognized image or object.
How to initiate AR ads
- Ads that use a marker in the real world, such as a QR code or an AI learned concept like a “dog,” to trigger the display of brand content.
- The ad can also place a brand object in the immediate real-world environment using the device camera.
- Displayed brand content may be dynamically generated based on data available in the given environment (time, location, etc.) and may move with the scanned or recognized object (tracked to object). All these dynamic replacement of ads can be done with the support of App publisher.
Measure user engagement with content
- Business Intelligence Metrics: Videos views, completion rate, play, pause metrics.
- Performance Metrics: Type of devices used, OS, version etc
- VR Metrics: User activity and movement, user interaction and behaviour
AR / VR ads supports the following Adservers
- Smart Adserver
- Revive Adservermod and many more